Happy New Year…
Only 7 months until we go on our Summer Expedition.
Our Target for fundraising was a min of £9,600,
We all signed up to this and remember if we do not raise it, some of the days are going to be quite empty.
With this in mind full steam ahead.
Xmas bag packing delivered over £3200 well done,
Everyone will need to do one of the next two dates for Bag Packing, which we hope to be the 10th and 31st March. These dates are still to be confirmed. Please watch out for a Facebook post early February for confirmation.
Recycling Weekend 16th & 17th June,
(All item below collected and brought to K2 scout hut by 16th June)
We are collecting everything and anything for a Carboot sale.
Ask friend, neighbors and family to donate whatever they have if a garage needs emptying be there.
We have limited space to store the stuff you collect, let me know and it can be stored safely till June if this helps, but we ask you to hold onto your loot if you can due to the limited space.
We will sort products on the 16th at the hut and sell it on the 17th. More details nearer to the time.
We are collecting Clean and reusable Clothing.
We accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE:
- Men’s, Ladies and Children’s clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Scarves and ties
- Soft toys
- House Hold Linen
- Bedding (Bed sheets, pillow cases, Duvet Covers)
We do not accept:
- Duvets, blankets
- Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs, and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing*
- School uniforms
- Corporate clothing and workwear
- Textile offcuts, yarns or threaded material
Again ask everyone, we have room to store and the more we get the more cash in our bank. Its really easy we’ve both collected 8 bags without even trying. So there’s no excuses!!!
Jewellery, Coins, Stamps, and Phones
We are collecting the items listed in the attachment
Again ask everyone, we have room to store and the more we get the more cash in our bank.
- Jake is already looking into small grants from community councils
- Rachel Hope has suggested running a casino night, I would be looking for other parents to help organize this please let Rachel know if you can help by contacting her on email@example.com . We are looking for 4-5 other parents to support this as our leaders will be very busy on the run up to Hungary.
The dates for the Pre-Camp are the 13th – 15th April. THIS CAMP IS COMPULSORY AS MADE CLEAR IN PREVIOUS UPDATES.
We can confirm the venue for this camp is to be held at The Forest Camp Activity Centre. Kennel Lane, Sandiway, Northwhich. CW8 2EA. The times will be 7pm on the Friday for drop off and 3pm on the Sunday for Collection. Details of camp and permission form will be shared on Facebook at the beginning of March.
The next payment is due 5th March and the final payment on 7th May. These payments are of the value of £200 which must be paid on or before these dates.
Butch & Alex